Who is this course for?
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs, as well as web sites, web apps, web services and mobile apps. This course explores how to work with Visual studio and the .NET framework. It covers the basics of the .NET framework, C# language, SQL databases and building ASP.NET MVC Web applications.
How long is this course?
What do I need to know before attending?
Usage of Windows and an interest to learn programming.
What will I expect to achieve at the end of the training?
At the end of this course
you will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of the languages needed to build web applications in C# and SQL.
- Have an understanding of how to download and install the tools needed for .NET development.
- Have an understanding of how to navigate and use Visual Studio 2017.
- Build a Windows Forms desktop application.
- Build a SQL Server database.
- Build an ASP.NET MVC web application.
Introduction to the .NET framework
What is the .NET framework?
Branching and loops
Classes and functions
Installing .NET development tools
Installing Visual Studio
Installing tools to manage SQL Server
Exploring Visual Studio
Visual studio navigation
Building a desktop application
Building a Windows forms application to display data
Building a SQL Database
Building a SQL Server database.
Adding primary keys
Querying a SQL Database
Exploring SQL SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements
Building an ASP.NET MVC web application
What is MVC?
Creating an MVC application
Connecting an MVC database to a database
Adding custom database queries using C#